Law Society Climate Change: Reach Net Zero with Greener Costs
Greener Costs is an environmentally conscious legal costs company that can help law firms reach net zero through use of our legal costs services. We believe that all businesses, including law firms should use their voices and influence to confront the reality that lies ahead of us and take climate action immediately.
The Law Society Climate Change Pledge
To tackle the climate crisis, the Law Society has published a climate change resolution to encourage those within the legal profession to take the lead in the race to net zero and help reduce climate change risks to our planet. They are actively encouraging all law firms and those working within the legal industry to develop a climate conscious approach to working within the industry.
The Law Society climate change pledge encourages law firms and solicitors to get involved in response to the proposals in the following ways:
- Develop policies in response to, and adopt practices in line with the resolution.
- Be aware of how climate change will affect your area of legal practice
- Educate yourself on how, in line with your professional duties, you can provide legal services in a way which helps tackle the climate crisis.
Reaching Net Zero Through Legal Costs
At Greener Costs, we are actively doing everything we can to ensure our business benefits the environment.
Greener Costs is the UK’s first net positive legal costs company. Our aim is to help your law firm in becoming more carbon neutral.
We run a completely paperless operation, offset our staff’s carbon emissions and help law firms with carbon offsetting by planting 25 trees for each instruction.
At the end of each year, we will send you a report detailing how much of your emissions have been offset by instructing our team.
Join us in creating a climate conscious approach to legal practice by making use of our legal costs services.
Some of the main benefits of instructing Greener Costs to handle your legal costs include the following:
- We can help your firm become more environmentally friendly and reach net zero
- We are a fully digital and paperless operation
- We offset employee emissions
- We plant 25 trees for every instruction received
- We send detailed reports to inform you on how much of your carbon emissions have been offset through use of our legal costing services.
Using our services will greatly assist you in achieving net zero in response to the Law Society Climate Change Pledge.
Our Legal Costs Services
- Costs Budgeting – We can assist by expertly drafting your Precedent H to ensure you obtain your full legal costs entitlement.
- Costs Budget Negotiations – We can further assist by engaging in costs budget negotiations and the drafting of cost budget discussion reports
- Bill of Costs – We understand the importance of getting your bill of costs right when you serve a legal notice of commencement on a paying party. Contact us to find out more about our bill of costs drafting services.
- Points of Dispute – If you are the paying party to a case, we can draft your points of dispute to reduce your costs liability as much as possible. Equally, if you are the receiving party, we can draft your replies to points of dispute.
- Detailed Assessment – Our law costs draftsmen will assist you throughout the process of detailed assessment, whilst our costs lawyers will represent you at a detailed assessment hearing if a settlement cannot be reached as to costs entitlement.
- Fixed Costs – Greener Costs assist on any pre or post issue CPR 45 dispute. On provision of the paper or electronic papers, we will typically secure an interim payment within two weeks, and aim to resolve the dispute within two months.
Why choose Greener Costs to Help Your Law Firm Reach Net Zero?
Following the Law Society Climate Change Pledge, you may be looking for a way to make your law form more environmentally friendly; Greener Costs can help you with this using our legal costs drafting services.
Greener Costs are a team of expert law costs draftsmen with many years of experience in the field. We can assist on any legal costs dispute whether you are the paying party of the receiving party.
We can assist from the outset of a case by assisting in the drafting of retainers, right through to the settlement of a case by drafting bills of costs, points of dispute and points of reply.
In addition to our drafting services, at Greener Costs, we are actively doing everything we can to ensure our business benefits the environment.
We are doing this though carbon offsetting of our staff, becoming completely paperless and carbon offsetting through each instruction.
For a free, no obligation discussion, get in touch using the form at the bottom of the page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to support your business
Contacting us is free. It's our goal to put you at ease and offer expert advice on Bill of Costs, Costs Budgets and Costs Drafting
4 Bark Street East, Bolton, BL1 2BQ